Hey, Iv'e been fired, Week 2

Monday, October 12, 2009 ·


Surprisingly, now that I've been fired, Monday mornings are the worst day of the week. Usually, on Monday mornings, we ramp ourselves up for our work week. We drag ourselves out of bed and step into our workday routine. A lot of times, we hate Monday mornings. We feel like we're heading back to confinement, after a weekend of freedom and doing exactly what we want to do.

So you would think that Monday mornings would be great, if you didn't have to go into work. Freedom! That would probably be true, if there wasn't a fear clamped firmly in my gut, settling wetly on my heart, a constant undertone of worry about the future, worry about how things are going to turn out, how does this movie end. . .

The loss of morning routines can be disconcerting and can aggravate worry and fear. So it follows that establishing an alternative morning routine can provide a sense of order and purpose to the day. Since I'm calling the shots now, I've decided to include things that I enjoy into my morning routine. But it's also important to include things that maintain my self-discipline and increase my certainty of success.

On my list of enjoyable things: meditation, yoga postures, writing, hot bath, gazing into my cat's adoring eyes, talking with my husband, watercolor, taking action. On my list of disciplined things: balanced breakfast, walking, catching up on emails, paying bills, waiting.

Taking action and waiting are a balancing act. I've signed up another 4 people in my business in the last few days, sent out a newsletter, written follow-up emails to everyone on the list, sent out samples and literature, gotten my downline pointed in the direction that's best for each person. . . Taking action is the easy part for me. But it has to be balanced with waiting to be truly effective. I have to consciously make myself wait, wait for others to sift through the information in their brains in order to move forward; wait for the emails to be opened and read, absorbed; wait for the postal service to deliver the samples and literature; wait for the soup to simmer and be ready for lunch.

A friend told me: take care not to drive faster than your angels can fly. Last week, a couple of times, I drove too fast and splatted against the wall at the dead end because I missed the side street where the answer was patiently waiting for me. I put in motion a couple of projects that didn't need doing. I left voice messages that were outdated after I opened my email and found the answers waiting for me there.

Progress is directional. If you have trouble taking action, then progress for you is convincing yourself to take action. If you're doing too many things and spinning your wheels, then progress for you is slowing down and balancing your life. And when your life changes drastically, your directional progress may require a fresh look and evaluation of what's really going on and what would be the best direction for your energy and focus.

So this Monday morning, I'm establishing a new routine, balanced yet active, thoughtful yet reaching out, generating a positive attitude, nurturing hope that turns into faith that turns into belief that turns into reality. I'm waiting yet taking action, balancing the two opposites perfectly in my heart, letting the joy blossom and grow, enveloping my day, guiding me toward the right thing to do.

How is your Monday?

2 comments:

f4 network said...
March 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

i can relate. i've been laid off for a year now and waking up monday to nothing solid to do kills me. that's why i've been trying to get into this mlm deal. hope it works out.

Laron Henderson said...
September 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

I know this feeling. After the weekends i dread Monday morning. But I'm also grateful to have a job to go to at least until I get my own business up and running. My goal is to make everyday be the weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Won’t you join us?

Despite the current slow economy, network-marketing businesses are growing robustly. There are many reasons for that trend: At our fingertips, we have online training resources, full support such as brochures, DVDs, slide shows, social networking, webinars, teleconferences. We have the freedom to work at home, on our own timeline, with an ever-widening group of people we care about and love to spend time with. It is the perfect business that fits easily into our lives.

Our vision is to create a heart-based business using the truly amazing opportunity that is possible through network marketing, available to anyone who sincerely yearns for greater financial freedom and greater time freedom.

Won’t you join us?

Interested to find out more information ~ e-mail me at createyourownamazingbusiness@gmail.com

Facebook Page

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Join Me on Networked Blogs Too!

    MyBlogLog